Data Recovery Program for Windows - FAQ’s
Q: What makes Geeksnerds data recovery program different from other data recovery programs?
A: Geeksnerds windows data recovery software is a very powerful program for data recovery. It has two types of scan for finding partitions on any physical drive. Moreover, it is equipped with four types of scan to find data from a partition. The software is equipped with Save/Load recovery functionality to save time. You can scan different drives without losing data of pervious scan and above all, the search feature of the software can help to recover the desired data without any problem.
Q: Is it possible to recover data from a drive which has got too many bad sectors?
A: Geeksnerds windows data recovery software can recover data in case of bad sectors also, but it is better to avoid them.
Q: Is it possible to recover data from external hard disk drive using Geeksnerds data recovery software?
Yes, Geeksnerds data recovery software can recover data from all types of hard disk drive including:
- Hard drives (IDE, SCSI, SATA)
- USB drives
- Firewire drives
- Dynamic Disks
- Floppy drives
- Drive images
- Zip/Jazz drive
- Compact Flash Cards
- Smart Media Cards
- Secure Digital Cards
- USB Flash Drive
- iPod Disks
Q: From what kind of file system of windows data recovery is possible?
A: Geeksnerds windows data recovery helps to get back data from FAT and NTFS file systems. The software can recover data from all types of FAT file system which are FAT 12, FAT 16 and FAT 32.
Q: From what kind of Operating Systems data can be recovered?
A: Operating System:
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows NT 4.0
Q: What if wrong partition is formatted during windows installation. Is data recovery possible in such a situation?
Ans: Geeksnerds windows data recovery software can recover data even if the partition is formatted completely. What you need to do is to Select Drives/Partitions Tab on left panel of the software and select the drive from which the partition has been deleted. The drive can be identified through its serial number or make. Click on Find Partition button or right click on the selected drive and click on Scan Partition Button. The software will scan the drive for partitions.
Q: I accidentally shift+Del my data from drive. Is it possible to recover my valuable data by using Geeksnerds data recovery software?
Ans: Yes. Geeksnerds windows data recovery software helps you to recover deleted files/folders even the recycle bin is emptied. The software can recovery data from formatted and re-formatted drives. Also, it can recover data from fragmented drives.
Q: My drive is not visible on my computer. Can I make it visible and recover data by using Geeksnerds windows data recovery software?
Ans: Yes, If you cannot see it in My Computer then you can find your partitions and data by using Geeksnerds Recovery Software.
Q: How can I Save and Load the scan results?
Ans: Scanning the drive will show you the list of recoverable files. If you want to scan that particular drive again in future, simply save the scanning results by following the steps and in future use these scanning results by using “Load Recovery “option to start from the exact position and save your precious time.
- Run the Geeksnerds data recovery software
- Right click on drive that you want to scan and select the scan option
- After scanning a tree will be created
- Select the drive that you have scanned then the "Save Recovery" button will be enabled in tool bar
- Just click on the "Save Recovery" button to save recovered data at any location
To load the particular scanning results of scanned drive follow the steps:
- Run Geeksnerds data recovery software
- Select the particular drive of which you have saved the scanning results by following the above steps
- A "Load Recovery" button will be enabled
- Just click on the "Load Recovery" button
- Browse the scanning results that you have saved last time for the particular drive
Q: While scanning my drive a tree of files is created. How can I search any specific file?
Ans: While using Geeksnerds data recovery, follow the steps given below:
- Scan the desired drive
- After scanning a tree will be generated
- Select the scanned drive and click on the search button
- If you know the file name or part of the file name, write it in the "All or part of the file name" and click on search button
- This will show you a list of files having the name you specified in search box if found
- If you know any phrase or any word used in the file then write it in the box under "word or phrase in file" option
- You can also use advance filters to search the files
- It will show you a list of files having that particular word or phrase if found
Q: I accidentally deleted the partitions of my drive and created some new partitions. After creating a new partition I copied some of data in drive. Is it possible to recover data in this situation?
Ans: Yes it’s possible to recover data by following the given steps:
- Select the Physical Drive in which your desired Partition was residing
- Right click on it and Select ‘Scan Partitions’ option
- A Dialog ‘Partition Not found?’ will be displayed
- Select your physical drive and click ‘Detail Scan’
- When the detail scan is complete, click Ok on the dialog
- Your Deleted Partition will be added to the Drive Tree
- Select the drive, go to ‘Find Data’ command on toolbar, and select any of four sub-options to find your data
Q: How much time will it take to scan my hard drive?
Ans: It depends upon size of your drive and also the Interface on which your drive is plugged. However there are different working modes in software to save your time. Here are some useful ways to save time.
- Save time in finding partitions, use Standard Scan first to find your partitions, if you are not able to see your desired partition then ‘Detail Scan’ is recommended.
- Save time in finding data from partitions, use Normal or Deleted file scan from ‘Find Data’ option. If you are unable to see the desired data then use ‘Advance Scan’ or ‘Formatted drive recovery’.
Q: Is it possible to recover data which is in compressed format?
Ans: Yes, Geeksnerds windows data recovery software can recover data irrespective of its format. You can recover compressed files and folders, encrypted files and folders or data which is locked by any other utility.
Q: Is there any restriction on size of data to be recovered?
Ans: No, You can recover data irrespective of its size or format. The software will first scan the drive and then display the file size and all details. There is no limit of maximum size of file or folder to be recovered.
Q: Is it possible to recover data from physically damaged hard drive by using Geeksnerds Data Recovery Software?
Ans: There are two causes of data loss: logical and physical. Geeksnerds Data recovery software can recover data in case of logical error. The software will not run on the drive which is damaged physically.
Q: Is it possible to recovery data from the hard drive of laptop?
Ans: Yes, it’s possible to recover data from the hard drive of laptop. All you need is to take out the drive and attach it with some other computer. Run Geeksnerds windows data recovery software to detect the drive and scan it for data. The software can recover data from all kinds of hard drive, Ipod disk, and removable media including compact flash, multimedia memory card (MMC), secure digital cards (SD card), mobile memory cards.
Q: How to buy the data recovery software?
Ans: You can download the software and get it licensed from the following address: